Tuesday, February 13, 2007

It's static craziness to me, is it a solar fever?

I'm going to see Of Montreal in concert tonight. I can't really tell you much about the band because I was just introduced to them last week, by a friend who asked if I wanted to go to the show. I like the sampler CD she gave me, plus tickets are only $10 so it's kind of hard to go wrong.

I'm fully expecting to see plenty of emo boys and girls there, but I don't have an aversion to them like some people I know. The subject came up the other night while I was out with some friends and one guy started talking about he went to the mall and saw emo kids everywhere.

Him: They really seem to congregate at stores like Hot Topic*. I was thinking that I should just go down to Sears, buy a ball hammer, hide out and then hit them in the head when they pass by. It'd be just like a duck blind.





* Don't get me started on how contradictive it is to "stick it to the man" by shopping at a chain store that was created just to make it more convenient for you to get clothes that show how much you're willing to "stick it to the man." That said, I own at least one shirt from Hot Topic.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun at the concert...I really have gotten into OM these past few weeks. If nothing else, they have really creative song and album titles (case in point, 'Heimdalsgate Like A Promethean Curse', off of "Hissing Fauna, Are you the Destroyer?"). So thats gotta count for something....

Anonymous said...

I'm still jealous of the last concert you went to.

Anonymous said...

I never knew what an EMO was. I must be very out of it, because I thought that was hilarious.