Wednesday, May 23, 2007

So, are you ready to go my lady?

There was a wedding at the hotel we stayed at on the first night of the workship. While we were sitting around the lobby talking, leering at babysitters and such, people kept coming in and out of the ballroom where the wedding was taking place.

I mentioned to one of my friends that it was very tempting to go in there to try and get some wedding cake. She encouraged me to do it, and had I been wearing something other than shorts I might have.

Me: But I can't go in there dressed like this. It'd be too obvious.
Her: I'll give you $50 if you go in there and get some wedding cake.
British Scientist: And I'll give you another $100 if you go get one of the bridesmaids.
Other Friend: Really! What more could you ask for? There's a wedding. There's alcohol. There are bridesmaids with nowhere else to go, and you've got a room upstairs. It'd be just like shooting fish in a barrel.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny. :)

flieswithoutwings said...

But instead you went upstairs and stared blankly out of the window... a single tear rolling down your cheek to a Snickers-filled mouth?

Anonymous said...

If I was a bride, I wouldn't have minded if someone came in and snatched a piece of cake (or a bridesmaid) as long as they got in some of the photos as well.

PsychDoctor said...

It would be like clubbing rabbits in a spotlight...