Monday, July 02, 2007

Like watching newborn babies crack from work related stress

I am an evil, evil man. Here is just another reason why you can all be assured that I am soulless. My last exam made a girl cry. I'm not talking about eyes just swimming with tears either, but the kind of crying that involves a wavering voice and tears full on streaming down both cheeks.

I didn't feel bad.

I actually found it kind of pathetic.

And laughed about it with several of my friends afterward.

The following day a professor from the department asked me about my class at a party.

Him: So how's the most well liked [introductory biology] instructor doing?
Me: I'm doing good. Although I'm not so sure I'm the 'most well liked' these days.
Him: Why not?
Me: Apparently I'm turning out to be just as mean as the rest of you. My exam yesterday made a girl cry.
Him: Just one? You've got a long way to go.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i made a girl cry cuz I wouldn't pass her. She was feeding me all this bullshit about how friends died and she thought it would be easier, blah blah blah. All I could say was: shoulda talked to me at the time. Now? Too late.

No pity. She was one of my least favorite students anyway.

Anonymous said...

Heartless

Native Minnow said...

Kris, it's one thing if it's a student who is really trying hard, but when it's one that I see little to no effort from, it's hard to care.

I'd like to say, "You know what you could do to get an A? STUDY! WORK AT IT!"

AnoMALIE said...

Paaaaaaathetic! I wish I could have been there to point and laugh... then tell her to grow up and shut the hell up.
Cry babies irritate me.

steph said...

it's totally funny when they cry.

PsychDoctor said...

Sadistic bastards...

actually, I had students like that too...They flunked the first test of Abnormal Psychology, explained to me that they did everything possible to pass, and asked what else they could do. I made several suggestions, which they said they had tried, so I basically had to tell them good luck, maybe they aren't smart enough to be in college. I mean, if they have studied as hard as possible, and still can't pass an easy exam, then maybe they should just wash out and work at their local 7-11...