Sunday, July 01, 2007

They'd never make a movie if everything was great

In case you're interested, here's the story of how I came into this world. (If you're not, you don't need to read the rest of this because it has to do with the last part of the story.)

When I was in Kindergarten, we would always form two lines to go to recess. I remember one day the lines were made up of those who had flown before, and those who hadn't. The ones who had flown got to leave the room first*. I didn't know the last part of the story then (the part where I'd flown on life flight on the very first day of my life). To think, had I known that, I could have made it to the playground about 30 seconds sooner that day.

I remember telling my mom about it when I got home from school that day. She told me the story then. I remember being upset that I could have been in the first line after all. Oh, missed opportunities.




* As if they weren't already privileged enough!

4 comments:

Inklings said...

It was the second day of your life. :0)

PsychDoctor said...

But, did you get to spend more time with your hot kindergarten teacher by staying back the extra 30 seconds? That would make it worthwhile...

Native Minnow said...

Good point, Psycho. She was good looking.

Anonymous said...

I don't think those are the type of missed opportunities YOU should be worried about.
AP