Thursday, July 12, 2007

While I down Kentucky bourbon I am waiting for a call

I woke up yesterday feeling nauseous, so I spent the morning lying in bed watching The Godfather instead of going to work. Then I realized that I had some important stuff to take care of and that I had to go to work anyway. At least for a couple of hours.

Almost as soon as I sat down at my desk my phone rang. It was one of my friends.

Him: Hey man, how are you doing?
Me: Not so great. I've been sick today.
Him: Really? What do you have?
Me: Nothing major. I think I just ate something that didn't agree with me last night.
Him: Was it semen?
Me (dryly): No.
Him: Oh, that's right. That agrees with you.
Me: You're such a dick. What do you want?

3 comments:

Native Minnow said...

And in case you're upset about the cliff-hanger ending, we went on to talk about a bunch of work related stuff. I figured I'd spare you the boring details of that.

Anonymous said...

I told my Dr I was nauseous when I was pregnant with my son...he informed me that I was nauseated...not nauseous.
I prefer to say nauseous anyway.
It just sounds better.
It's one of those words I used to make up when I lived in Manila...
apparently I'm not the only who picked up the bad habits of making up words...

Anonymous said...

Your doctor must be a retard... :)

nauseous. (n.d.). Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1). Retrieved July 12, 2007, from Dictionary.com website: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/nauseous