Tuesday, August 07, 2007

If you tell me that you'll wait for me I'll say I won't be here

I'm leaving for Canada first thing in the morning. I'll be running around British Columbia for the next two weeks. I'm not going to have a computer with me, nor will I be in areas where I expect there to be easy internet access anyway, so obviously I won't be posting during that time. Try not to miss me too much.

I'm going to need you to keep an eye on the internet for me while I'm away. If you can promise to do that, I'll promise to do my best not to get eaten by a bear.

Deal?

Deal!

See you when I get back.

7 comments:

silentkid said...

Well, fuck off then. JK, BFF. Enjoy Canada. I'm jealous. We start moving our lab next week. Whatever you do, don't bring back any sculpin.

Anonymous said...

Good luck!!! Take lots of pictures! I have never been to Canada, but I have been to Glacier National Park...which is close! It was beautiful! I hope you get lots of fish samples...

Delirious said...

Two words of advice: (and remember I live in bear country)
1. Hang your food in a tree. Bears can open cars like potato chip bags, but they can't climb out on a limb if the limb won't support them.

2. Get that bear spray stuff they sell...bear repellent.

I"m sure you have heard about the guy who was being chased by a bear, so stopped to pray. He said, "Dear Lord, make this bear a religious bear." He noticed the bear had stopped running after him. He turned around and saw the bear kneeling down saying, "Dear Lord, bless this food of which I am about to partake" (sorry, I know it's an oldy, but it's a goody :P)

steph said...

no blogging? how sad! have fun!

PsychDoctor said...

NativeMinnow Update: He's still alive...

Ryan said...

The bears won't kill you in BC, but the pot will....

stay away from that stuff.

Anonymous said...

Like he could get any sculpin if he tried.