Saturday, September 15, 2007

Grandma take me home

Me: What did your grandma get you for your birthday?
Son: Her dead.
Me: What?
Son: HER DEAD!!!
Me: No, not that grandma, your other one.
Son: Oh, great grandma?
Me: No, Grandma [Inside Stories].
Son: Oh. I thought you meant the other one.


If I had been talking to anyone else, I would have had to say, "No, retard, I meant the only grandma who sent you a present!" But, since he's my son, and he's so cute, and only five, I just had to laugh.


(She gave him a remote control car. My ex-wife says he loves it and won't stop playing with it.)

2 comments:

Native Minnow said...

I guess my mom wasn't technically the only one who sent a present since both great-grandparents sent cards with money, but still.

silentkid said...

Her dead = awesome. Not the fact that she's dead, just the way he phrased it.