Thursday, September 13, 2007

If you know what I'm saying

Me: I stopped by [Other TA's] lab this morning to see . . .
Friend: Hot chicks?
Me: No. I stopped by to see if . . .
Friend: There were any hot chicks?
Me: Would you stop? I went there because yesterday I think I forgot to screw . . .
Friend: Hot chicks?
Me: If you'd stop interrupting I'd tell you.
Friend: You have to admit that was funny.

All I was trying to say was that I forgot to screw the lids on loosely enough that our live specimens could survive the week. Luckily, they were still alive this morning.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Forgetting to screw anything is a serious predicament. It's always better to make a mental note early in the day - "Don't forget to screw today"

Words to live by my friend.

Native Minnow said...

Thanks for the advice Ryan. I'll make that part of my morning ritual.

Anonymous said...

Actually....they were DEAD! I guess you hate protists as much as you hate animals!! If you could you'd probably run them over with your car!
AP