Friday, October 26, 2007

The Colonel's kernels and chicken and corn

It's been a while since I've given a pop-quiz. Plus, today's a Nevada state holiday, so you can count this as kind of a roll call to see who the diligent readers are. Answer the following question:

Q: Which of the methods listed below is the correct way to eat corn?

A) Random bites taken from around the cob:


B) Going around the cob all the way first before moving to either side (the phonograph cylinder method):


C) Finishing an entire row of kernels on a cob before moving up or down (the typewriter method):


D) Canned and creamed:


E) Candied:





(And yes, there is only one right answer.)

13 comments:

Jenny said...

what is this a trick question?

E.

Duh.

Anonymous said...

My guess is...E!




Jess

Anonymous said...

Gross.
I can just see you gnawing all over those pieces of corn just to get photos.
:)

I think the correct answer is actually C.
Candy Corn is nasty

AnoMALIE said...

Personally, I go for C... but since you're always right... I guess it's E, you candy fiend.

silentkid said...

C is definitely the correct answer. Candy corn is nothing more than poop droppings from the evil demon Baphomet. I remember going to a Halloween party as a kid where they had a "guess how many candy corns are in the mason jar" game. The closest guess won the jar of candy corn. I'm glad I lost. I hope you rot in hell, Native Minnow.

flieswithoutwings said...

Eleanor says that she can tell from the photo that you did not buy Brach's Candy Corn, which is the only candy corn fit to eat.

But I believe the real answer is a general "High Fructose Corn Syrup."

PsychDoctor said...

I eat my corn by method C...but prefer to cut it off with a sharp knife thereby preventing corn in the teeth syndrome....

Delirious said...

I go with B...makes it easier to get to the corn. Start at the end..go around..move a little farther in..go around...you get the picture. I like candy corn, but not for dinner.

Delirious said...

Oh, and creamed corn is an offense to humanity. That's like eating creamed steak.

Anonymous said...

B. Cause I'n cooky like that.

R.L

Native Minnow said...

Ok, this is kind of a trick question, so I'll tell you that the answer isn't E. While candy corn is good (even if it's not Brach's), it's not technically corn. Some of you have the right answer, some of you don't. Anyone who wants to change it, feel free to do so now.

Native Minnow said...

So, it looks like everyone's done playing. The correct answer is C, the typewriter method.

prairie biker said...

but wait! it has to be candied because that's the only one you never see in your poo!