Saturday, October 13, 2007

Waiting for the dinner bell to do the bell thing, dinner bell dinner bell ring

Last night I went to dinner with a couple of friends. The meal was delicious, and when we finished with our entrees, one of my friends and I decided to take a look at the dessert menu.

Him: I'm going to get the key lime pie. Are you getting anything?
Me: I think I'm going to have to get the warm chocolate pineapple upside down cake.
Him: Does that sound good?
Me: You tell me. According to the menu, it's a warm, rich, chocolate cake with a chocolate molten center, topped with caramalized pineapple raspberry sauce, butterscotch brandy sauce, and fresh whipped cream. Does that sound good?
Him: That depends on what Brandy looks like.

When the server came back, we both ordered desserts. By that time, a few other people had joined us. One of them heard my order and said, "That sounds good. Bring some extra forks."

Me: No extra forks!!!

2 comments:

PsychDoctor said...

Mmmmm....sounds like warm apple pie...Maybe you should try it that way...

Jenny said...

If I order extra forks, it's only to fend off those that were either slow or stupid to order their own dessert.