Friday, November 09, 2007

Sense of security, like pockets jingling, midlife crisis

Me: I had my mid-life crisis early. It happened when I was 24 years old. Does that mean I get to have another one?

Guy: No. That just means you're going to die early.

Me: There's nothing I can do about it?

Guy: Nothing.

Me: Well, I have a friend who started going through what she called a quarter-life crisis at 23.

Guy: Then she'll live to be 92.

Me: So, if I'd called mine a quarter-life crisis, I'd live to be 96?

Guy: Yes. But you didn't. You said mid-life.

Me: I can't go back and retroactively change it to a quarter life crisis?

Guy: Nope. You're screwed. Dead at 48.

Me: That sucks.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I'll check back in 10 years.

I'm sure you'll have the Corvette by then.

AnoMALIE said...

Well, I once said I was going through a mid-life crisis when I was 21... so I guess I get to live to be 42.
Eh.
Could have been worse... like I could have agreed to med school and died at 38.

Anonymous said...

fractions do cause erectile dysfunction.

Delirious said...

When I turned 30 my Mom said I was middle aged. I actually think I'm having my mid-life crisis now at 46. I think you were having "Pre-mid-life crisis", you were just confused, so you still have a few more years to live.

Anonymous said...

Live and learn Baby.



JG