Monday, November 19, 2007

Without the pretty pink ribbon, you'd end up just like me

The thing about hanging out around my ex-wife's house is that I have a lot of time to kill. I could sit down and write, but instead I find myself doing things that I occasionally think about but never actually do. For example, my brother called me to find out how my daughter was doing, and during our conversation, mentioned that he'd gained back some of the weight he'd lost over the past few months. It got me wondering how much I weighed. You see, I don't own a set of scales, so the only time I ever weigh myself is if I'm at the doctor or if I'm at my parents' house. Well, I haven't been to either place since about July, and probably haven't weighed myself since before then even, so I rummaged around until I found my ex's scales.

I've gained thirteen pounds since I last weighed myself.

I'm going to have to go start in on that second package of cookie dough while I ponder how this could have happened.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good call.

Anonymous said...

Minnow, you big dork (or should I say Big D), STOP IT!



JG

Anonymous said...

Just starve yourself for a few days. That always works for me :-) I have one of the body fat and water % measuring scales. You should try it next time you come over...to play board games!! :-)