Saturday, December 01, 2007

Come on, come on, listen to the money talk

A few weeks ago, a girl I know was on her way to campus and stopped to go through a Burger King drive through. As she sat in line to place her order, she noticed the car in front of her (whose driver had been ordering) backing up. She tapped on her horn to let the driver know that she was behind her. After all, she didn't want to get hit because the driver wasn't paying enough attention to check the rear view first. The reversing driver took exception to this. She leaned very far out her window and screamed, "Back up, Bitch!"

The girl I know backed up and gave her enough room to maneuver her way out of line. Irritated by the other woman's response, she said, "They take credit you broke whore." as the other woman drove past her.

That's quite possibly one of the best things I've ever heard of someone saying to a complete stranger. However, I wouldn't recommend it (especially in this town where there's been a 32% increase in violent crime).

Apparently the woman was infuriated enough to drive around to the front and wait for the girl I know to come through the other end of the drive through where she tried to get her to get out of the car and fight. Right there in the parking lot. Of course, the girl I know just drove off, but it still makes for a good story.

And you thought living in your town was interesting.

5 comments:

flieswithoutwings said...

You're just a hair shy of the Salt Lake Valley level of "interesting."

When I worked at the desk job, this guy and his sister were my co-workers. They were both small and thin and mild-mannered vegans who were very generous to share their vegan food with people. The sister was pretty and quite pettite.

One day I was surprised to hear them having a conversation about how she had been in a fist fight in a Betos (mexican fastfood dive) parking lot the night before. I wondered how that came to happen and I guess it was something like your blog post.

But they were having a very nonchalant conversation about it and just gave me a non-dairy ice cream sandwich.

Then again, the girl and her brother are Navajo and one of the guys at my new job has been telling me how Indians are "mean sons of bitches." To tell you the truth, I can see people of any race losing their patience with that guy to the point where he would call them a mean son of a bitch.

Should I just keep rambling or have you heard enough?

Anonymous said...

I love that story. I'm going to tell it for the rest of forever! She cracks me up!! Good times!

Jenny said...

That's a great story and a great line to yell out the window.

I may have to use that in my future...... but... I have a wicked left hook, so the fighting thing would be easy.... but to be honest... I'd drive away too.

Delirious said...

tonight my son was riding his brother's bike when some kids came up and told him to get off so they could steal it. First, he had borrowed the bike without asking, so wasn't about to give it up. Second, as he sat there on this short bike, they didn't realize he was atleast a foot taller than them. Suddenly one of the kids hit his friend. He got off the bike and yelled, "You are like 1/4 my size, and I could crush you!" The kids backed off and left lol. Although I don't like the thought of him fighting, I'm glad he stood up for his friend.

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Makes Sacramento looks like a playground.