Thursday, November 29, 2007

I think I'm paranoid and complicated, I think I'm paranoid, manipulated

Lately one of my co-workers has been asking me where he can find my blog. I've been hesitant to tell him, not because I don't want him to read, but because I've been afraid that he'd give the address to other people who I'd prefer not to read this. So, I usually just tell him that it's not too hard to find if you know where to look.

Apparently he's serious about finding it. He told me yesterday that he's been Googling a lot of different things, but his searches have been fruitless. That's probably because he's been searching for things associated with my real name. Yesterday afternoon I finally caved when one of his office mates said that he knew someone at his old university who read it, so he could just get the address from him and pass it around. I told them both they could find it by Googling "Native Minnow" so the first guy did.

I was curious to see what his reaction would be, but he had to finish up something else before he could read it, so I went back to my office.

A little while later he yelled his response across the hall:

Him: You're pretty fucking funny.
Me: I'm glad you think so.
Him: Why aren't you this funny in real life?
Me: Maybe you just don't hang out with me enough.

He's not the first person to tell me that. Another co-worker's wife found me a few months ago and said the same thing, and she got the same answer from me. Maybe it's time to direct you to the 'About Me' section and remind you all that I'm the funniest person I know, and don't any of you motherfuckers forget it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No comment...on whether or not you are funny or not. :O)

flieswithoutwings said...

I have a feeling no blogger is as funny in real life as they are on their little homepages. Especially if you consider that the mundane things we write about are usually the highlights of our lives.

But maybe I'm wrong. My cousin read my blog and bragged and bragged to her husband, "He's REALLY like this! This is how he is!" and then I probably bummed her out because I stopped by her house with my family and I was just all normal and serious. But what are you supposed to do when their isn't anyone around to be insensitive or mean to?

Jenny said...

oh, you're brave. Only a few in my life know about my blog. I guess that's why I'm "anonymous".

Michele said...

You're a brave idiot.

I only have three people in real life who know my blog name. I talk smack about real people in my real life. If they were to find this...well it wouldn't be pretty.

I've been told I'm funny on my blog. Honestly I'm MUCH funnier and sarcastic in real life....scary thing too.

Native Minnow said...

I am an idiot, there's no question about that.

There are a LOT of people who know me in real life that read this. I just try not to talk too much smack about them ;-)

There will probably come a day where it's all going to come back and bite me in the ass. Then I'll probably have to shut everything down, but until then, it'll just be business as usual.