Thursday, December 13, 2007

Is this explosion gonna' set me reelin'?

Since I hurt my back, everyone's been treating me like a porcelain doll. This is probably due to my incessant whining and complaining about it, but still, I'm not that fragile.

The other day I was sitting in a chair with a hinged back. You know, the kind that lets you lean back even though all four legs are on the floor. I wanted to stretch my back out, so I leaned back as far as I could. It freaked one of my friends out because she was worried I was going to hurt myself.

Her: Don't do that.
Me: Don't do what? This?

Then I leaned back again.

Her: Oh. I didn't realize you were sitting in a chair like that. I thought you were leaning back on two legs.
Me: Oh, you mean like this?

Then I really did lean back on the chair.

Her: Don't DO that!
Me: What are you, my mother?
Her (assuming a karate stance): I will make you bleed mother fucker.

Yup. Just like Mom used to say.

3 comments:

Native Minnow said...

For the record, my mother doesn't talk like that. I don't think I've ever heard her use the 'F' word.

If I didn't clarify that point, she would have ;-)

Anonymous said...

Look Mister! Don't nag because you have friends that care about you. You nag because you're so slow & because your back hurts so much. I'm all nagged out ~ get a grip >/

JG

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU, JG!!! Gosh Native Minnow, It's just because I care...then again I did threaten to make you bleed, so perhaps it's more because I'm a control freak. You should come play more games!!