Wednesday, December 12, 2007

You bring the razor blade, I'll bring the speed

I haven't been going to the office as early as usual, or staying as late as usual since I hurt my back. In fact, yesterday I wouldn't have gone in at all if it hadn't been the final exam for the class I TA for. So, I got to the office around noon, tried writing a little, ended up lying on the floor in my office for a while instead, and then went to hobble around a classroom to make sure that nobody was getting away with cheating.

I only made it about halfway through the exam before the pain flared up and I had to go sit down. As I slowly made my way to a chair at the front of the room, a lady I work with approached me:

Her: You should be at home taking muscle relaxers.
Me: Except it's not muscular, it's a nerve, so muscle relaxers wouldn't help.
Her: I know that. I was just saying you should be home taking something.
Me: I should be home taking heroin.

That might do the trick.

6 comments:

Karen said...

That sounds very painful...not taking heroin, your back. Hope it gets better soon.

Mr. DNA said...

I think I'm gonna stick with my played out theme.

Was she hot?

But like Gypsy says I hope it gets better soon.

2 Dollar Productions said...

With back pain, I think I'd prefer someone to hit me in the head with a hammer until I passed out because it's hard to mask it when conscious. Good luck.

Upset Waitress said...

Have a little Chinese lady stand on your back and hit ya in the head with num-chucks because there is nothing you can do besides surgery probably.

Jenny said...

I like Mr DNA's commitment.

Instead of having someone walk on your back, have you thought about having someone stick needles in your back. I'm serious.

TERRIBLE time of the year to be injured... and I'm sorry.

BTW.... Morphine.

silentkid said...

Anytime you suffer extreme pain, no matter what the source, the remedy is the following drug cocktail equation: 2 percocet + 1 cyclobenzeprine + 1 xanax = bliss. Or morphine, like AB said.