Thursday, January 24, 2008

Let's not get carried away

I had to recruit two friends to help me pick up the load of furniture I purchased from that British woman the other day, since I'm not really up to moving furniture around these days. One of my friends drives a sport utility vehicle, and said that he could fit some of the stuff in there, but I also had to borrow a truck from another friend. I was a little bit concerned that even with both vehicles we'd run out of space and have to make another trip. Luckily it didn't come to that, but apparently I wasn't the only one who'd thought that.

British Woman (after everything was loaded): When I saw you pull up with those two vehicles, I didn't think there was any way you were going to be able to fit everything. I guess I was wrong.

Friend: I wasn't worried at all. I'm used to fitting big things into tight spaces.

To my friend's credit, he followed that up with, "I've moved a few times" but only after pausing for effect.

Regardless, my other friend and I had to try our hardest not to laugh.

4 comments:

Manuel said...

hehehehehe shoula just left it hanging......and the comment...

Karen said...

That would have cracked me up....gotta love a good double entendre.

Anonymous said...

Take a picture of your new bedroom. Post it later.

2 Dollar Productions said...

I'm surprised the British Woman didn't respond in kind as most I've met like a good turn of phrase like that one.