Tuesday, March 25, 2008

But everybody's changing and I don't feel the same

It's time for me to reconsider my stance on sushi. I've always sworn I couldn't stand to eat the stuff. I gave sushi a chance, but when I still didn't like it after my third attempt at eating it, I figured it was because it really was gross. Ever since then, I've just been sticking with California and/or veggie rolls when I go with friends to a sushi place.

Several of my friends have been telling me for quite some time that the reason I don't like sushi is because I've never had good sushi, but I've remained skeptical. Until last Saturday. I told one of my friends that I'd go with him for an all you can eat sushi lunch. I figured I could try some of the "good" sushi, and if I still didn't like it, could fill up on stuff I knew I could handle. I told him to order two of what he'd normally get and I'd try it. If I didn't like it, he could finish it off. That turned out not to be a problem. I liked pretty much everything.

My friend asked me what I thought, so I told him.

"This lunch has made me reconsider my stance on sushi. It was pretty good. I guess you guys were right in saying that I didn't like it because I'd never tried good sushi. But, the first time I ever ate a salmon roll, it was all I could do to get it down without throwing up. I was determined to do it, but I was gagging the entire time."

He replied, "Well, it's a lot like the first time you sucked a dick. But then you got used to it after a while, and now you're making some money."

8 comments:

Native Minnow said...

Shortly after that I had to get up to use the bathroom. When I returned he said, "You just made twenty bucks, didn't you?"

h said...

Even I would have said something crude after you lobbed that one over the plate.


Sushi evangelists annoy me though. I broke up with a chick after she used the "you've never had really good sushi" line. Stupid whore lived in Memphis. That well-known center of the "good sushi" universe.

adventures of a mad scientist said...

Mmmmmmmm, sushi. Now you make me want some.

Karen said...

That was hilarious. I knew something crude was coming but to tell you the truth I thought it would be female related since we are talking about fish. Not that I agree with the whole fish analogy but I know you guys do.

Anonymous said...

Me thinketh thou dost protest too much in thine keywords...

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Jim White's CD...I heard on the radio that the average American only buys 2 CDs per year...I can't wait until music is free and they cash in on concerts and other miscellaneous expenses... :)

Bill From Gainesville said...

it was like I was swimming in the ocean took a bite of something, didn't even know I had a hook in, and then at the end the fisherman gives the old YANKHO and the next thing you know you find yourself waddling around on the boat deck. Then you go to the comments section to weigh in, and the "you just made $20" line is like when they GAFFE you....Nice

AnoMALIE said...

You eat sushi now?? Hooray!