Friday, June 13, 2008

Who will go down to the shady groves and summon the shadows there?

At a barbecue a couple weekends ago:

Guy: Did you see the Cornhenge I built?
Guy's Wife: You didn't build that - it was already there.
Guy: I built it.
Guy's Friend: It's true. I saw him do it.
Guy (to his wife): Keep disagreeing with me and I'll turn it into a burial site.
Guy's Wife: Then who's going to pay the bills?
Guy: Ain't no mortgage on Cornhenge.



Just so you don't feel left out I give you: Cornhenge!

7 comments:

silentkid said...

You are retarded.

Jenny said...

Seriously. Retarded.

Mr. DNA said...

Cornhenge! Yay!

Anonymous said...

Barbecue is a specific low-and-slow cooking method. What you and your friends participated in was "Bunch of Drunks Grilling Things".

steph said...

i think your tag, "reasons i love having a camera phone," is perfect.

Native Minnow said...

Silentkid and Boxer, I never claimed that I wasn't retarded.

Mr DNA, you could probably even enjoy your cheese there.

Wordcop, point taken, but I don't think anyone in the west truly barbeques. That said, the steak I got at Pappy & Harriet's in Pioneer Town (when I went to Joshua Tree) was true Mesquite BBQ, and absolutely delicious.

Steph, aren't they great?

Karen said...

Ah yes...Cornhenge. There's a monument worth knocking your wife off for :)