Wednesday, August 20, 2008

We gonna crash into the sun

Lately I've been getting a lot more sun than normal. I also haven't been as good about putting on sun block as I normally am. I didn't think it was anything to be concerned about because I haven't been getting sunburned. However, today I looked at my arm and noticed several new freckles. I instantly doubted my cavalier attitude toward sunblock application. After all, isn't the appearance of new spots on your skin one of the first signs of melanoma?

Upon further inspection (read: I licked my finger and rubbed the spots), I realized they were not freckles at all, but soy sauce that apparently splashed on my arm when I dropped my nigiri at lunch today.

Whew! Crisis averted.

9 comments:

silentkid said...

U R tard.

Delirious said...

Hey, but I've had some age spots pop up lately. You don't see them when you are younger, but they pop up when you get older. They aren't pretty...so put on that sunscreen!

mindy said...

ha ha ha!!! lickable freckles!

steph said...

sadly, that is so something i would do.

2 Dollar Productions said...

It would be nice if all medical problems were solved so easily, eh?

Amber said...

i have age spots on my burn scar (cause the skin is so fragile)- but i always like freckles i have a lot of freckles on my arms (though those are alot different looking than age spots)

Amber said...

i have age spots on my burn scar (cause the skin is so fragile)- but i always like freckles i have a lot of freckles on my arms (though those are alot different looking than age spots)

Jenny said...

What Burt said.

Karen said...

As funny as that was and I did laugh out loud, shame on you. You live in the bloody desert. Get wise young man or you won't get to be an old man.