Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Besides I don't wanna be the one who's coming out first

I found out yesterday that one of my former students thinks I'm gay. He was talking to a gay guy I know, and told him that I set off his gaydar. I think he needs to take his gaydar in for a tune up if that's the case.

I told another friend about that while he and I were proctoring an exam. We had this conversation when we finished:

Friend: I'll see you later.
Me: At trivia.
Friend: Did you really feel the need to clarify?
Me: Well, yeah, since apparently I set off people's gaydar.
Other Proctor: In that case, you should've said something different than "at trivia", because that doesn't necessarily say you're not gay.

The other proctor had a valid point. Here are some things I could've said instead:

See you later . . .

. . . at the football game.
. . . at the gun show.
. . . at the rattlesnake round-up.
. . . at the demolition derby.
. . . at the ultimate fighting cage match.
. . . at the bear hunt.

11 comments:

Manuel said...

at the ultimate fighting cage match

you sure that's not just a little gay?

Karen said...

Nothing says heterosexual like trivia.....

The Mutant said...

Sorry but all of those things you listed are actually still pretty gay, gays love that stuff, especially the big butch leather bear ones. I mean if you are gay it's okay, you can tell us, we won't judge you or anything, me might just call you a few nasty names, but in a loving way of course.

h said...

It's prolly your Mormon upbringing that makes people wonder. I've never met a Mormon, I didn't think was gay at first.


After they have their first 12 kids, I admit I was wrong.

Heff said...

Hey, you guys have fun "rounding up your rattlesnakes", ok ? LMAO !!!

savannah said...

how strange, sugar! people really do talk about things like that? ;)
xoxo

Amber said...

....at Hooters

silentkid said...

...in Chuck Norris' hot tub.

deputymomof6 said...

..... at Hugh Hefner's weekend party.

girl with no name said...

...at the strip club.

PsychDoctor said...

"Sorry...I can't see you later...I have a date with a Maxim Hometown Hottie..."