Monday, November 10, 2008

Across the desert I'll be there

Friend: How was your blind date*?

Me: You talking about last night? It was quite awkward.

Friend: Yeah, you looked horrified.

Me: Really? I thought I hid it.

Friend: You looked like someone threw a baby in the fire.

Me: I talked to her mostly because I felt obligated, but I shouldn't've**.








*It wasn't really a blind date. Rather, someone brought a girl along to a gathering in the desert*** because he wanted me to meet her, but I had no prior knowledge of that happening.

**Felt obligated that is.

***It was another good old fashioned book burning on the dry lake bed, except this time we only burned one textbook.

5 comments:

Lillie said...

Wow, if I ever have another blind date, I am TOTALLY taking him to a book burning in the desert. I'll never be single again!

h said...

Vegas Troll Poll today! Glad you included the "book burning" footnote. I had Pagan Ritual in my head prior.

Anonymous said...

The good thing about being married is that no-one feels obliged to set you up on a blind date. Isn't it funny how they always forget to mention said blind date to the intended victim? Did she enjoy the book burning ritual?

Bunny Hugger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bunny Hugger said...

I thought college students weren't allowed to use contractions. I'm pretty sure you meant SHOULD NOT HAVE. That right there, my friend, is the difference between a 100 and a 99.5% I know that shit from experience.