Friday, December 31, 2010

Should old acquaintance be forgot?

Anonymous Boxer is hosting a NYE party at her blog, and you should check it out if you have the time (if you haven't already that is). With the new year just around the corner, it seems appropriate to sit back and reflect on the year that just passed.

The year 2010 was the year I almost pulled the plug on my blog. The timing seemed right. I was finally finished with school, got a "real" job, and moved away from Vegas. I always thought the move would be the right time to do it, but when it came right down to it, I couldn't follow through. I know I haven't been posting as much as I used to, but I'm still glad that I kept it alive, albeit on life support.

I don't make it around to visit other blogs as often as I used to either. I'd apologize for that, but it's unlikely to change this year. Something about being busier now, you know, with the new job requiring me to actually work. But, the relationships I've forged with you guys over the years are too good to just let evaporate into the blogosphere.

It's just changing. Twitter is easier and faster. I don't have to think of a way to tell a story when the punch line can be delivered in fewer characters. So, if you really miss me, and haven't been following me there already, I welcome you to do so. If not, you can always check the sidebar here to see what I've been up to.

I'm looking forward to 2011. I think there are some good things in store. When you see the following list of highlights from 2010, you'll see that it won't be THAT hard to top.

My 2010 online highlights:

- I was re-tweeted by Michael Ian Black

- I had part of a text conversation published on Texts From Last Night

- I played a 128 point word, and had a 462 point game in online Scrabble through Facebook

- I received a marriage proposal via Twitter


Now you know where the bar has been set.

Happy New Year everyone!

5 comments:

Heff said...

Nice post. I understand about being busy and not being able to post often, but dude, TWITTER BLOWZ !

Happy New Year !

moi said...

Happy New Year! Sounds like 2011 will be a fun one for you. And food and drink are up at my place if you want to drop by.

Jenny said...

Oh,I'm glad you didn't pull the plug on your Blog! Twitter isn't Blogging and I'd miss you. Twitter is for lazy people. Oh.Wait.

Maybe it IS perfect for you! bwahahahahah.

Guess what? you won one of my contests and I'm ready to make a $25.00 to the charity of your choice. Just let me know.

And HAPPY NEW YEAR

AnoMALIE said...

I'm glad you didn't pull the plug. It's the comic relief of my otherwise very Emo days. Twitter isn't even a nickle-worth of my comedy fix dude! :)

Michele1L said...

So glad to know that I contributed to one of your highlights (462 points), even though it was a very lowlight for me. ;)