Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Dumb Things I Gotta' Do

My friend has a 'to do' list on a whiteboard at his lab bench. In the beginning of its existence it served a purpose - an actual list of things that needed to be done in the lab. It has now evolved into something with a much better purpose - keep those of us working in the lab entertained. Any time we have a random thought, we write it on the 'to do' list. Here are some of the highlights over the past few months:

  • Touch the puppet head
  • Dial N for nougat
  • Attack the rythm nation
  • Exhume the little rascals
  • Feed chocolate to the dog
  • Become the toast master general
  • Stir a witch's brew while doing the running man
  • Take time for tea and strumpets
  • Lay siege to the kingdom of Monaco
  • Double the population of Luxembourg in seven crazy nights
  • Grow genetically engineered crunchberries

I wish I could take credit for all of these, but the most random (and hence funniest) ones were thought up by my Polish friend.

9 comments:

PsychDoctor said...

"rhythm"

Native Minnow said...

Oops! Typo, I really do know how to spell. I did win the spelling be in 5th and 7th grades after all.

Lauren said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THIS IS CLASSIC. I will create crunchberries for everyone.

PsychDoctor said...

"Spelling Bee" :)

Native Minnow said...

Dammit Ryan, quit making me look stupid!!! I guess I deserve it though, it's just ironic that I'd misspell that of all things.

flieswithoutwings said...

How about "Run gas chromatograph on Soylent Green."

PsychDoctor said...

mispell...just kidding...

PsychDoctor said...

But it is "Damn It"

PsychDoctor said...

I'm just jealous that I only won the spelling bee in 8th grade...and I got out on "believe" at the district spelling bee...Can you beleive that? (that is how I spelled it then). :)