Friday, March 03, 2006

Not that clever

A lot of times when I post something on here, I come back to it a day or two later and wish that I would have spent more time getting my thoughts together, or at least think of something clever to include. I was thinking that I should have titled my last entry "I might smash up all these windows, and set fire to the curtains." It's a lyric from Halloween by matt pond PA that seemed to suit my mood, even if it would have made me seem more crazy than I am (no really, I promise, I'm not that crazy).

I have to admit, I'm still a little depressed about the whole girl situation. But I've realized that I'm doing the exact thing that I've said here that I shouldn't do, and that is rely on someone else to make me happy. I mentioned once that I'm trying to get to the point where I'm happy with my life the way it is, and that if I find love it's just an extra bonus (it's something that someone close to me once said). When I look at it from that perspective, I'm totally overreacting to this whole thing. Instead of being upset that we're not going to be together, I just need to be glad for the time we spent. Like I said, it was a good weekend, and thinking about it over the past couple of days, I wouldn't have done anything differently even if I'd known it would end up like this.

Maybe I'm making progress after all.

1 comment:

PsychDoctor said...

I need a little more of that attitude in my life too...good blog.