Friday, March 17, 2006

Speaking of toenails . . .

I have big feet. They're too big, yet not big enough. Let me explain what I mean by that.

Since my tax return is burning a hole in my pocket, I thought I'd start off by getting a new pair of hiking boots, so yesterday I went to REI to have a look around. I found a pair that I really liked and asked the salesman to bring me a size 12.5 to try on. He came out with a size 12 and a size 13 because the company doesn't make those shoes in size 12.5. I tried on the 12s, and they were much too small, then I tried the 13s on and they were big enough to cause blisters if I were to actually hike in them.

Do you mean to tell me that I'm the only person in the world who requires a 12.5 sized shoe? I hardly think that could be the case, so why on earth would a shoe company do half sizes right up to size 12, and then just have full size increases from that point up? I find this extremely annoying. I've never had this problem until the past two years or so. I think the shoe companies are out to get me. I thought about going around barefoot to boycott, but I have a broken piece of glass (or something) in my foot that's been there almost a week, yet I can't find it to get it out. That seems to indicate that transforming myself into Shoeless Native Minnow might not be the best idea.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you know what they say about guys with big feet...

PsychDoctor said...

Even the naked guy at Berkley would wear tennis shoes around...bare-foot must not be cool...

Anonymous said...

Or, you could just wear some thicker socks! :)

PsychDoctor said...

And the anonymous poster isn't referring to Red Hot Chili Pepper-Style...at least I don't think so...