Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Arches Academy

I was driving to visit my kids over the weekend when the thermostat on my car went out. Luckily, I was only about 10 miles from my brother's house so I had a place to stay, and there was a mechanic who was able to replace it for me first thing in the morning and send me on my way.

Normally I skip breakfast, but my brother wanted to grab a bite while we were running around trying to find someone who could fix the car. We stopped for breakfast at McDonald's (of all places). As we were waiting in line to order our extremely healthy food, one of the guys taking orders started getting on my nerves. Every time he would finish taking an order he would look up and say "I can help who'sever next." This isn't the first time I've heard this called out, and it annoys me every time I hear it. It's called English people, learn to speak it (granted, it was McDonald's, but no, he wasn't an immigrant).

3 comments:

flieswithoutwings said...

Anytime fast food workers annoy me, I forgive them for anything. Just because I know they're getting screwed in their paychecks. For that money, I would not care about anything. It's not even worth showing up for if you ask me.

A strange thing that happened tonight: a duck couple has laid a giant pile of eggs right under the sign where you order at Taco Time in Draper. It's distracting to order a taco while a drake is kicking the eggs all around trying to give the girl a good humping a foot away from your car.

Lindsay Logic said...

Don't hang around with my Mother-in-law's family then. They say Breakfrast and Burfday and all kinds of things. They are so nice (or maybe I am) that I just try to ignore it. ;) **L**

PsychDoctor said...

What bugs me is WARSH-ing machine and WARSH-ington DC. Grandma A says that all the time. :)