Friday, May 19, 2006

I want a girl with shoes that cut and eyes that burn like cigarettes

When I first started this blog I posted evidence that I am a sexy man here, here, here, and here . Now I have one more line of evidence to suggest that. Last night I went to my first model shoot. I have a friend who works as a model, and a few weeks ago I told her that I liked a lot of her pictures and that I thought it would be cool to get someone to do some of me, so she invited me to come along to a shoot and said that she'd ask to see if they wouldn't mind snapping a few of me while they were at it.

She sent me an email with the directions, and said that she was going to get there around 6 for makeup and hair so if I showed up around 8 she should be ready. I got there a little early, so hung out in the art gallery downstairs where a guy had a bunch of screen shots of old Nintendo and Atari 2600 games. It was a really cool idea. With all the negative stuff in the world, it was kind of refreshing to see a giant picture of Mario jumping on a turtle, or of Link obtaining the TriForce.

After talking with the guy that shot those pictures for a while I went upstairs to where the model shoot was. My friend wasn't quite finished getting her makeup done, but she looked like some kind of Japanese warrior. It was cool. She had no idea what they were doing to her, and had just seen it for the first time when I walked in. She turned away from the mirror, saw me, and about jumped out of her chair because of how unexpected it was to see her face like that, then turn around and have me see her face like that. You probably had to be there for it, but it was funny.

I stood there and talked to her while they finished her makeup and started doing her hair. There were other models getting ready for their shoots at the same time, and it was a little strange to be talking and all of a sudden turn around to see a beautiful girl changing her clothes in the middle of the room. I'm certainly not complaining, it's just not something I see every day.

There were several galleries where the models could go get their shots taken, and when my friend was ready she and the photographer went and found one. It was interesting to see her pose. It was like she flipped a switch and morphed into a different person with each pose. After a while she came up and told me it was my turn. I posed for a few shots, but felt ridiculous the whole time. I don't know how people can do that and keep a straight face the entire time, because I probably ruined every shot by moving, or smiling and laughing when I wasn't supposed to. Hopefully there were enough in there that at least one of them will turn out good.

I spent most of the night standing there talking to my friend and her fiancée, or watching her pose for more pictures. She introduced me to a bunch of the other models, but one of them came up and introduced herself to me. We only talked for a few minutes, but she was definitely the hottest one there. I'm sure she was just being nice, but hey, a guy can dream can't he?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you get to pose for any pictures while only wearing a banana hammock?

Anonymous said...

Was she the one who changed in front of you???

Maybe your dream will come true, or maybe you'll just wake up in a sticky mess.

Anonymous said...

i must agree. you are sexy. i will be a witness to your evidence.