Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Random NBA Playoff Thoughts

Has there ever been a worse marketing idea than the Burger King commercials with the Whopper Dad and the Whopper Jr son?

I wish I could be Lebron James.

Tony Parker's girlfriend is hot! On second thought, maybe I wish I could be Tony Parker.

I never thought I'd say this, but the Pistons are a fun team to watch (ok, I've said it before in private, but now it's on the record).

Someone ought to tell McDonald's that every few years or so they might want to come up with a new commercial to play during sporting events. Believe it or not, we're the same people watching these things year after year, and we're still not buying your cheeseburgers to serve as hors d'oevres.

Steve Nash needs a haircut.

Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith seem like they'd be cool to hang out with. So long as Charles didn't throw you through a plate glass window.

I'm glad the Lakers lost, and not just because I hate Kobe either. An all L.A. series would have driven me crazy.

I'm going to go ahead and say it, Chris Kaman is the ugliest guy in the NBA right now, maybe even the world. He needs a haircut worse than Steve Nash.

It drives me crazy to watch Manu Ginobli play. He needs to learn how to be graceful from someone.

If the girls at the bar/tailgate party/beach were as hot as the girls in beer commercials I'd start drinking, and I'd be doing it all the time.

Shawn Livingston's braided hair makes it look like he has an octopus draped on his head.

I'm glad the Nets lost their series with the Heat. I hate Vince Carter ever since he intentionally played like crap just to force a trade. If I see that stupid T-Mobile commercial of his again I'm going to light myself on fire.

4 comments:

Native Minnow said...

I forgot to mention how funny it is when the announcers talk about "splitting the D," "getting good penetration," "taking it to the hole," and "going backdoor."

Lauren said...

I miss the days where L.A. owned everyone. I mean, they were just THAT good. Even Kobe, even though I hate that son of a bitch with a passion.

Yeah, I'm from there, I love my hometown Lakers, now stfu. ;)

Anonymous said...

"Those are double quarter-pounders."--whiny voice little guy

"Wid cheese."--deep voice big guy

Anonymous said...

I'm sick of offensive players "forcing the contact". This should always be an offensive foul. What happened to the finesse required to avoid contact? Now we have players like Manu who drive and flail and fall and end up at the foul line every time. Pisses me off. Down with eurotrash ball.