Tuesday, May 23, 2006

You're all gonna die, could be 20 years, could be tonight

I was swimming laps in the pool today and my arms started getting tired. I wondered how long I'd be able to swim to try and stay alive if I were ever stranded in the middle of the ocean. Then I wondered how long I'd even want to if I knew that death was inevitable. That got me thinking about what it would be like to drown. I decided it would suck and I really don't want to go out that way.

Here's a list of other ways that I don't want to go:

  • Starvation
  • Cancer or any other painful, drawn out medical condition
  • Grizzly attack
  • Cyanide poisoning
  • Being gut shot
  • Snake bite
  • Hypothermia
  • Gangrene
  • Buried alive - whether by a crazy person or a mudslide/avalanche

Here's a list of ways that would probably be acceptable to me:

  • Automobile accident - a fiery explosion would be an added bonus, just as long as I died quickly and didn't have to sit there on the side of the road, burned to a crisp like Anakin Skywalker at the end of Episode III.
  • Shot in the head
  • Drug overdose (highly unlikely since I don't use drugs)
  • Hanging - not to be confused with being strangled
  • Slit throat
  • Electrocution
  • Falling off a cliff
  • Plane crash
  • Carbon monoxide poisoning
  • Guillotine

I'm sure there are others that I'm not thinking of right now so it's not a complete list. If any of you are planning on killing me, please don't. But if you must, stick to the bottom list.

4 comments:

ShootingStar said...

wow this was a crazy blog. Plane Crash Derek are you sure? I always imagine what it woud be like to be sucked out of the plane while I was still alive and then fall through the air. Okay so that would be on my top list. Anyway, should I ever need to kill you, it's nice to know which ways you'd prefer

mindy said...

But Anakin was burnt to a crisp and LIVED as half man, half machine. How would you feel about that? Though I guess that would then fall under the painful, drawn out medical condition, wouldn't it.

PsychDoctor said...

How about dying peacefully in your sleep? How about having a heart attack while having sex? Just kidding...I have never really thought about how I want to die, but I agree, I would want it to be quick and painless...

Oh, have you seen the Nick Berg Video? getting your throat slit isn't always that great. That poor guy was screaming for about 30 seconds while the terrorist hacked away at him. That was one of the most disturbing things I have seen in my life. Especially to hear them chanting "God is great" in the background. Chilling...

slimysculpin said...

put me down for a lightning strike