Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I don't care if I ever go back

One thing I forgot to talk about regarding the baseball game and the fireworks extravaganza the other night. That is about halfway through the game my 10 year old son turned to me and asked the question that every parent dreads:

"Dad, what's puberty? "

Considering that it wasn't really the time or place to have that conversation, I just said "It's changes that happen to your body as you grow up. I'll tell you more about it later when we're not in a public place." That seemed to satsify him so I didn't bring it up again later. I think he's still too young for that talk.

Anyway, his mom came to pick them up today and I told her about it. He overheard me and chimed in:

Him: "It wasn't at the game Dad, it was at the pool party."
Me: "No, it was at the game."
Him: "It was at the party. I'd bet my life on it."
Me: "Dude, I know it was at the game. I remember how you were sitting when you asked. I'd bet my life on it."
Him: "Well Dad, it was nice knowing you."

3 comments:

PsychDoctor said...

I agree...keep it age appropriate, but I think I had the talk with C***** when he was 9...the girls were 9 or 10 when Melissa talked with them too...

PsychDoctor said...

By the way, did you ever get the talk? I never did...I received it second-hand from Michael after he had the talk. :)

Native Minnow said...

I agree that I should probably give him the talk if he's asking questions, just not in a stadium full of people.

I never actually got the talk. I just learned it all from kids at school. And probably picked some up from you and Mike as well.