Monday, September 25, 2006

Everybody knows that world is full of stupid people so meet me at the mission at midnight we'll settle up then

If I see another commercial that says something along the lines of "because what goes on the belly isn't what's important, but what goes in the belly is," implying that you should care more about what your (young) kids eat than what they want to wear, and that commercial is for McDonald's, I'm going to gouge my eyes out with an ice cream scoop.

Let's get this straight, McDonald's is NOT health food. Everyone knows that. I don't care if you can get milk and apple chips instead of french fries and soda with a happy meal, the happy meal itself is still not healthy! If you want to feed your kids fast food that's fine, just don't try and tell me that you're feeding them a healthy diet if you do.

The thing that irritates me is that McDonald's is trying to give the impression that they are a healthy place to eat. Even after Super Size Me (actually, it's probably because of Super Size Me). Even worse than that is there are people who are stupid enough to see that commercial and buy into it.

Hypothetical Stupid Person: "Hey look at that, McDonald's is healthy and if I really cared about my kids I would feed them lunch there every day."

Me: "That's not true, you're just stupid."

If you're that stupid, you probably shouldn't be reproducing. Unfortunately, most of the people who are reproducing shouldn't be.

Man I hate stupid people.

(I will now go get a vasectomy)

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Any bit of info someone can use to rationalize eating that stuff is all that is needed. Kinda like how I eat chocolate for the calcium...

Ashame that cooking real food has gone out of style.

Peace.

PsychDoctor said...

the majority of people in the USA are so uninformed...It kills me some of the polls they run, like when they ask who attacked us on 9-11 and about half say it was Saddam Hussein, or when they ask them where Mexico and Canada are on a map, and they cannot locate it...All it takes is to browse through the newspaper once in a while, or to watch the news for 30 minutes a day and you can at least be somewhat informed. then maybe people wouldn't fall for advertising like that. People in general are gullible, and uniformed...

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that the majority of the US wears uniforms... hee hee

Sandra...if you eat Dove Chocolates, you can get your fortune told while you are getting the calcium...

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes...I almost forgot. How can McDonald's be healthy when they put 1/2 cup of mayo on their sandwiches? First cut the mayo portion, then maybe I'll start buying into it...