Tuesday, September 26, 2006

How much is that doggy in the window?

My ex-wife is moving again. It's only going to be a few houses down the street so the kids don't have to switch schools, but they're tired of fighting with the landlord to try and get him to take care of maintenance requests. The furnace has been out since May. It was red-tagged, so technically he shouldn't have been renting to them in the first place, but he still won't fix it. It's a big problem now that it's cooling off, and since he hasn't bothered to do anything about it in 5 months they've decided to move. I can't say I blame them.

One problem they have is that they aren't allowed to have pets in the new place, so they have to get rid of their two dogs. She's going to take them to they Humane Society, but she's quite sad about it. The puppy should find a new home pretty easily, but she's certain that the older dog is going to end up being put to sleep. She called me yesterday to see if I knew anyone who would be willing to take him. I don't.

My youngest son is taking it pretty hard. He's pretty attached to both dogs, and probably doesn't understand why they can't keep them. He said to my ex, "But Mom, they're both good puppies. You're breaking my heart."

I'm pretty sure that about broke hers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's breaking my heart, too.
Too bad they can't look for a different place to live in the same school district that WILL allow them to have pets.

PsychDoctor said...

Sad...

deputymomof6 said...

That is sad, but if they are good dogs, someone will usually adopt them, unless they are another useless Pit Bull or one of countless Labs.

mindy said...

hey, whaddaya mean useless pit bull? My pit bull is very useful. If, of course, eating, playing & snuggling with the kids count as usefulness?

What kinds of dogs are they?

Native Minnow said...

Mindy, the older one is a little white fluffy dog that kind of looks like a German Spitz, but I'm not sure if that's what he is. The younger one is a pitbull, and she's just a puppy.