Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I don't need you, I want you

Last week I was supposed to get a chance to hang out with one of the prettiest girls I know. Unfortunately, it didn't end up happening. I wasn't really surprised, but I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't a little bit disappointed.

She sent me a text message to apologize. I was busy at the time, so I didn't respond right away, and then forgot to later. She must have thought I was mad at her because she called me a day or two later.

Her: I'm really sorry that I didn't see you on Tuesday. It was just one of those really hectic days, but it'll all be over next week and I was wondering if you'd want to get together for lunch. Or maybe just a snack if you don't have time, but if you're busy I understand. I just feel really bad and wanted to make it up to you.
Me: I'm sorry, what was that?
Her: You mean I just said all of that and you weren't even listening?
Me: Sorry, I'm putting together a new mix CD right now, so I'm a little pre-occupied.

A little while later:

Her: So, who are you making the mix CD for anyway?
Me: Myself, of course.

Like I would go out of my way to do anything for anyone else. I'm much too selfish these days.

(it's probably a little obvious that I've given up on women)

1 comment:

deputymomof6 said...

Yeah, it's a little obvious when you are disappointed, and then she calls you and you basically ignore her. LOL, she is probably thinking that you are so upset at her that you are acting aloof. Maybe playing "hard to get" will work out for you.