Friday, October 27, 2006

They could not take your pride

Last night I went shopping for my Halloween costume. You might think it's a little late in the game for that, but you have no idea, I didn't even come up with a costume until yesterday afternoon. The costume idea is AWESOME (at least I think so). Unfortunately, I don't have enough time to do it right, so I just have to make do with what I can get on short notice.

I had to go to the Goodwill Superstore near my house to see if I could find some of the most critical parts, and while I was there I had to call my friend so that he could look up some details for me. I want to get this right. He was able to tell me what I needed, and then another friend of mine called (yes, I was that guy, you know, the one who walks around the thrift store talking on his cell phone the entire time). I was excited to tell him about my costume, and told him where I was trying to find the different pieces to it.

Me: I'm at the Goodwill Store.
Him: I bet that smells good.
Me: I know. I hate coming into places like this because they always stink. I may be poor, but at least I bathe.

See?! I'm not the only one in the world who associates thrift stores with the poor people smell.

Anyway, I wasn't able to get the exact costume, but as my first friend pointed out "If you and I don't remember the details of this, nobody else is going to be able to either."

My second friend pointed out that in order to get it completely right I'd probably have to go to some specialty store. But I don't want to spend a lot of money, nor do I have any more time, so I'll just stick with what I got last night.

What's the costume you ask? You'll just have to wait and see. Depending on how well it turns out I may post pictures.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking of an episode of the Man Show (the funny one with Jimmy Kimmel and Adam Corolla) where Adam was dressed up to look like a pair of balls. That would be the sweetest costume ever.

flieswithoutwings said...

I bet that would be an itchy costume. At least if you do it right.

Lauren said...

Dude, you had a pretty amazing costume.

PsychDoctor said...

Sounds like you need to post pics...

deputymomof6 said...

Can't wait to see the photo.

I also still haven't been able to get photos of my brother and his friends when they dressed up (years ago) as the Spice Girls. Only then did he have an appreciation as to what we go through to wear high heels. :)