Saturday, November 11, 2006

Bouncing here and there and everywhere

I meant to write this post about a month and a half ago, but somehow it just didn't happen. I was reminded of it today when I read my friend's post about giving his kids a better childhood than he had. He's certainly had to make some sacrifices in order to do this, and I admire him for it. Had I been willing to make some of the same sacrifices, I might still be living with my kids.

One of the things that is a given at his house is that there are always sweets. I love it, and I'm sure his children do as well. It'll probably be one of the things they look back on fondly when reminiscing about their childhood. I love it because, let's face it, I'm a sugar-holic, and I'm bound to get my sugar fix when I'm visiting him without having to leave his house to drive to the store for it.

The last time I stayed with him I heard him call to his wife from the kitchen:

Him: Hey, you only cleaned up the part of the fridge that you could see.
Her: I can't help it if I'm short.

I went in to see what they were talking about and saw this:















Apparently she had been trying to put some things away when the big bag of Gummy Bears ripped and spilled all over the kitchen. She was trying to keep the kids from picking them up off the floor and eating them and didn't realize they had spilled on the top of the refrigerator when she was cleaning it all up.

It was probably one of those moments that you had to witness to know how funny it was. It was funny to the three of us even if it wasn't funny the way I presented it here. Deal with it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

At my house I have the rule that everything that is 5'10" and over isn't my responsibility. So next time Dr. Ryan...when you're at my house and you're checking out dust on light bulbs, etc... Keep that in mind.

ShootingStar said...

Wow I got a huge pang when I saw those gummy bears. I want to be hanging out with Cool DutchJohn kids eating gummy bears, going to the lake--remember when Ryan killed that black bird speaking of the lake? You know every time I see a picture of stonehenge I don't think oh cool mysterious monument--no I think about that "monument" we build around that bird.

PsychDoctor said...

Wasn't that bizarre??? I never thought in a million years I would actually knock a bird out of the sky with a stone...I guess stranger things have happened. :)

ShootingStar said...

umm.. like what exactly?

ShootingStar said...

Aargh I just noticed the title of this blog. Now I'm dying to watch some gummy bears episodes! You have no idea (ok maybe you do) how bizzare people think I am when I try to explain just how cool the gummy bears cartoon is.