Sunday, November 19, 2006

How can I convince you it's me I don't like?

Yesterday was a long day for me. I went to a symposium put on by many of my fellow grad students, and afterward had a couple of parties to go to. The first party was a going away party of sorts for a friend of mine. He's not actually moving until January, but he's leaving in a couple of days to get married, and won't get back into town until a lot of people have already left for Christmas. The second one was a birthday party for a friend of mine. There seem to be a lot of those these days.

Of course, each of these events had a lot of food that was just begging to be consumed. And who am I to turn down food that is begging to be consumed? If there's one thing that graduate students everywhere have in common, it's that we take full advantage of free food whenever it's available. I ended up eating about twice as much food as I would normally eat in a day, maybe even more, and as a result I began to feel a wave a nausea. It hit me at the birthday party while I was talking to the birthday girl:

Me: I've eaten so much tonight that I feel like I'm going to puke*.
Her: Are you serious?
Me: Yeah, I'm bulemic.
Her: I can't really see you as a bulemic.
Me: What, are you saying I'm fat?




*I puked

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, he just always pictured you as more of an anorexic is all...

PsychDoctor said...

Bulimic...

Bulimia Nervosa 307.51 (DSM-IV-TR)

And I agree with Starlet...you seem more anorexic, you know, not eating, restricting you diet, refusing to eat things with cholesterol... :)

Lauren said...

As you know, all your cool friends have birthdays in November. Just remember that. :)