Friday, December 22, 2006

I want to swim away but don't know how

I'm on the verge of having a nervous breakdown. Maybe I'm already having one, who knows. I've never actually had one before (or have I?) so it's difficult to say exactly what qualifies, but I'm not sleeping through the night anymore so there's definitely something going on.

As you know, I'm under a HUGE amount of pressure with stuff that needs to be done for school, yet, the more I think about what needs to be done, the less I'm able to actually get done. It's very counterintuitive as you'd think that as time kept ticking away I'd be able to kick things into high gear and start producing some results.

Sadly, that's not the case and I'm largely accomplishmentless.

I'm supposed to be working on a research proposal, but all I've done for the past several days is sit here staring at a blank page on my computer screen. Literally. I've only written three paragraphs in the past week. That's certainly not a good pace for someone with a February deadline.

Anyway, I'm leaving sometime tomorrow to visit my family for Christmas. I don't have the time or the money to go, but I can't miss Christmas with my kids (especially since I have half their presents). I'd like to think that the break is just what I need to come back rejuvenated to finish this proposal off, but I've been doing this too long to honestly believe that'll happen.

(Speaking of struggling, my heart goes out to this guy and his recent troubles. I'd like to help him out, but I'm about two weeks away from clearing out my savings account to cover next semester's tuition, so I don't have any extra cash. However, I thought I'd link in case any of you are in the position to help, and are in a giving spirit. I'm sure he'd appreciate it greatly.)

4 comments:

Delirious said...

hmmm...something about the paypal account set up just rubs me the wrong way.

Anonymous said...

Lots of people do it...and lots of people are broke about the holiday season...like me! I'm totally going to set myself up a paypal account.

deputymomof6 said...

You can all sleep better, his donation button was removed so he must have gotten all the money he needed. :)

ShootingStar said...

Minnow

You CAN do one thing at a time--and you can ONLY do one thing at at time.

That is my antedote for your anxiety attack--I know it sounds like a fortune cookie. I'm on a roll.