Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Santa Claus

I've been trying to get into the holiday spirit a little more over the past few days. We even got a little bit of snow yesterday to help things out. Of course, it's gone already, so I had to find another way. And really, what better way is there to get into the Christmas spirit than to listen to a little Holidayland by They Might Be Giants?

Yeah Santa Claus
Where have you been
I've been waiting here
Just to let you in

Yeah Santa Claus
Watcha got in your bag
Is there something for me
Inside that sack

I want a brand new car
A twangy guitar
A cute little honey
And lots of money

Santa claus
Won't you tell me please
What you're gonna put
Under my christmas tree

And he just said
nothin' nothin' nothin' nothin'
nothin' nothin' nothin' nothin'

Yeah Santa Claus
I've been waiting oh so long
Now don't you
Don't you do me wrong

I want a brand new car
A twangy guitar
A cute little honey
And lots of money

Santa Claus
Oh won't you tell me please
What you're gonna put
Under my Christmas tree

And he just said
nothin' nothin' nothin' nothin'
nothin' nothin' nothin' nothin'

Oh no
Oh no no no
Nothin' for Christmas

Oh no, I got nothin' for Christmas
Oh no, I got nothin' for Christmas












I don't ask for much, just the same stuff that he asks for in the song. Unfortunately, I'm also expecting the same thing he gets in the song. Come on Santa buddy, I'm counting on you.

10 comments:

Native Minnow said...

And before anyone comments about the fact that I'm sitting on Santa's lap, don't worry, he assured me that it's just a carrot stick he keeps in his pocket in case the reindeer get hungry.

slimysculpin said...

It's probably just the picture, but you look like Conan (O'Brian, not the barbarian). Actually it looks like the disembodied head of Conan hovering menacingly over St. Nick.

Native Minnow said...

I think that might be the first time I've been told I look like Conan. I usually hear that I look like Bill Clinton. In fact, just the other day while I was Christmas shopping some guy came up and told me that. I just smiled and kept on walking. I asked the girl I was with if she wanted to stop by The GAP and pick up a navy blue dress, but she declined.

Delirious said...

I should be getting a copy of one of me with Santa by email soon. You sat on his lap....I held his hand....Mrs. Santa kept her eye on me..

Anonymous said...

Don't let my wife catch you wearing a blue sweater and black pants, or she call you a bruise... :)

Anonymous said...

Christmas is such a let down. Santa just comes and eats all your cookies and leaves you some socks from your mom or whatever. sigh.

Anonymous said...

By the way, what is santa's belt doing to your crotch area? Psycho

Anonymous said...

you do look a little Clintonese.

And I saw that on the news! About you guys in Vegas getting snow. How crazy is that?!! Snow in Vegas, heh.

Native Minnow said...

Psycho, what are you doing looking at my crotch?

Michelle, we usually get snow about one day a year, but it's usually not until January. Don't worry, come about February it'll be time to break out the shorts and sandals again.

deputymomof6 said...

I think that you look very nice... except you aren't really supposed to wear navy with black. OR purple and black, looks like a big bruise!! I think that you look great, though. Psycho just said you look gay, I think he is jealous that I said that. :)