Monday, December 04, 2006

Send me an Angel

I made it back from the wedding just fine. Everything was nice, and I'm really glad that I went. I may tell you more about it soon, but I currently don't have much time, so in the meantime you're stuck with this story:

After the wedding ceremony, everyone went to the hotel where the reception was being held. They had hors d' oeurves in the lobby before the reception began, most of which were scrumptious indeed. I tried most of them, but kept missing out on the scallops wrapped in bacon. Since I don't really give a crap about watching my cholesterol when I'm out of town I really wanted to try these, but by the time I'd notice a tray going by it was too late for me to grab one (partly because the trays would empty rather quickly).

To make matters worse, I was talking to two couples and they were able to score some of the bacon wrapped scallops. One husband brought some to his wife, and the wife from the other couple brought some to her husband.

Me: "That's it. I need to get myself a significant other RIGHT NOW!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or you could just borrow one of your friends' significant other for the night...

deputymomof6 said...

There are plenty of significant other "rental" services in your area.....

flieswithoutwings said...

By "significant other" you still meant a bacon wrapped scallop, right?

Native Minnow said...

I really just meant someone to bring me a bacon wrapped scallop.