Thursday, January 25, 2007

Hey Ladies, Get Funky

In the ongoing series of strange things that occur on my lunch break, I have two more things to share. Are they good things? Funny things? Will they change your life? No. But I'm in a hurry.

Yesterday we went to a Chinese Buffet. I wasn't quite sure that I wasn't dreaming though because they had Hey Ladies by the Beastie Boys playing over the loudspeaker. How many of you can say you've gone out for Chinese and listened to the Beastie Boys while you ate? It was more like I was at home, except that I'd never take the effort to fix Chinese food at home.

I could tell that it was a REAL Chinese place because a girl at the table next to me was eating her ice cream cone with chopsticks.

People are strange.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, that's talent right there.

Anonymous said...

But in Cow Country, they don't use things as sophisticated as chopsticks...
They use French Fries to eat their ice cream.

deputymomof6 said...

If the girl was Chinese, she probably felt an obligation to use chopsticks to eat everything with. If she was blonde, she is just an airhead and didn't know any better.... :)