Friday, January 19, 2007

She likes to party, she likes to tease, but without money she's not easy to please

Last night I went to a friend's house for dinner. It was very enjoyable, especially since he's a much better cook than I am (i. e. the food actually tasted good and everything combined to make what a normal human being would consider a meal). I ate so much that I had to turn down a second piece of carrot cake and ice cream because I felt that if I ate any more I'd probably vomit. When I'm turning down sweets you know it's serious. We hung out for a while listening to music and watching a reality show with the sound turned off (it probably turns out to be much better television that way). I finally left when I'd digested enough to be able to slowly waddle out to my car.

As I was driving home I called a girl I know. She told me that she was going to have me come over there to keep her company while she packed for a weekend trip, but didn't because my friend told her that he was having me over for dinner. We talked for a while, even while I started getting ready for bed.

Her: If you'd have come over tonight I even had a Violet Crumble that you could have had.
Me: I'll come over right now. Nevermind that I'm wearing my thermals. (shut up, our heater's acting up and won't keep the house any higher than 61)
Her: I'm wearing thermals too. We could match.
Me: That depends. What color are they?
Her: White.
Me: Mine are white too.
Her: But I bet mine look better than yours.
Me: You realize that this just turned into the lamest ever version of 'so what are you wearing,' right?

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Did you go? That was a 'come on over' if I ever read one.

Anonymous said...

But...the real question is, did the conversation end like,
"No, you hang up first..."

Native Minnow said...

No, and No.

Lauren said...

No wonder why you don't have a girlfriend.