Tuesday, February 27, 2007

So what if it is genetic?

Female Friend: I'm going to be cutting back on the amount of sugar I eat.

Me (sarcastically): Why, because you're so fat?

Female Friend: Because it's just not healthy.

Me: I should cut back, but I'm not that worried about it, at least not until I end up with Adult Onset (Type II) Diabetes. I guess that's likely considering the amount of sugar I eat.

Male Friend: I don't know. I think they're saying that's all bullshit. It's not just about how much sugar you eat, it's more about having a bad diet in general. It messes with your blood chemistry.

Me: I heard once that it's about a certain ratio. You know, once you pass a certain girth for your height you become susceptible.

Female Friend: Really?

Me: I think so. I knew a guy who got scared because he knew someone else who got it, and that's what that guy's doctor said, so the guy I knew went on a diet and lost a bunch of weight.

Male Friend: It's all about the spare tire. I'm getting a good start on mine.

Me: Yeah, me too.

Female Friend: Not me. All I've got is the fuckin' female pooch. God damn uterus or some shit.

Spoken like a true lady.

3 comments:

PsychDoctor said...

NM is right...I think when you hit 40 inches, you are at risk (that is your stomach size, not the waist size/pants size).

I had a fasting blood sugar level of 106, which means I am borderline/pre-diabetic...I woke up this morning contemplating not eating sugar anymore...I think I might make the resolution. Better now, than later when I have full-blown Type-II diabetes. Also, potatoes have A LOT of sugar in them...they really mess with your blood sugar levels.

deputymomof6 said...

God bless potatoes and sugar!!

And, you can tell the female friend that it isn't the uterus. I no longer have one, and I had hidden hopes that it would make my pooch smaller..... but that didn't happen.

On a brighter note, I woke my sensitive-to-women's-feelings husband this morning. I sat on him, and he looked at me and said, "what do you weigh? 160?" The last time I weighed 160, I was hugely pregnant. What a retard. He better know the name of a nice florist!!

Christo Gonzales said...

woAH..i M GONNA need a tutorial.