Friday, April 27, 2007

As she goes left and you stay right

As you all know by now, I'm basically retarded when it comes to dealing with members of the opposite sex. There's a girl I've been interested in, but haven't been able to ask out. I mentioned this to one of my friends, and then told him some of the things that she's said and done to get his opinion on whether he thought she was sending out signals.

His response was, "I'm going to smack you right now. Girls don't do stuff like that unless they're interested. Ask her to go do something with you."

The next time I talked to him I said, "I've got some disappointing news. You know the girl I wanted to ask out? She has a boyfriend."

"Really?" he said, "That's surprising because she seemed to be coming on to you pretty strong. There's got to be something wrong, like, maybe she's just a nice person or something."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hee hee

Anonymous said...

Did she come right out and say 'boyfriend'? Maybe she's just casually dating him.

Anonymous said...

Ah...A little flirting is good for everyone...even those of us with boyfriends.
Good luck with the next crush, though.

Delirious said...

If she is coming on to you, she must not be that interested in the boyfriend :P

Native Minnow said...

She did say boyfriend, and that's exactly my point. I was probably just hoping that she was coming on to me, when in fact she was just being nice and not interested at all.

Anonymous, I agree that a little flirting is good for everyone. 99% of the flirting I do is with women who I know are not available.

Anonymous said...

Change that to 1% and you might finally get lucky. It takes a little more effort than playing it safe.

Lightning Strikes said...

Well...maybe you should just flirt a little more...maybe she'd leave her boyfriend...who knows??

Anonymous said...

step out of ur saftey box child. thats numero uno in finding someone. get rid of the safety net and go for someone who doesnt have someone. you cant keep playing it safe. take a leap of faith. good luck.