Saturday, April 21, 2007

Dance 'til you can't, dance 'til you can't dance no more

Last night I went with a group of people to a karaoke place. I don't particularly enjoy karaoke, but I figured that it would be better than sitting at home doing nothing on a Friday night, so I went anyway.

Karaoke is something that I would probably be pretty good at, since I tend to be able to sing a lot of songs (if I could remember important things as well as I can remember song lyrics I'd probably win a Nobel prize or something). However, since I don't drink, there's not much in this world that would get me to go in front of a large group of people and make a fool of myself (if I wanted to do that I'd just try out for American Idol).

At one point, someone went up and sang C & C Music Factory's Everybody Dance Now. People in the audience were really getting into it and started dancing all over the place.

My Friend: Just think, if you'd gone up and sang this song you'd have a bunch of girls dancing with you right now.
Me: Damn, why didn't I think of that?
My Friend: Sure, it might just be that transvestite, but who are you to be picky?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm actually quite surprised you DIDN'T try out for American Idol.
hee hee

Anonymous said...

"My Friend: Sure, it might just be that transvestite, but who are you to be picky?"


That's funny.