Friday, April 20, 2007

A smooth criminal

Yesterday when I called to tell my daughter happy birthday, my son informed me that their house had been broken into. Someone took the screen off one of the windows using a screw driver, and then came into the house.

That's a scary thing to think about, but luckily nothing bad happened.

My ex and her husband had left some credit cards and some money out on one of the counters, not to mention all the electronics they have in the living room, but none of that was touched. The only thing that was missing was a stack of self help books.

Seriously, who does that?

5 comments:

steph said...

a desparate thief who wants to know, truly, if men are from mars and women are from venus?

Inklings said...

I don't know, but I can think of several people in her past who could use them.

Delirious said...

If that is all that was taken, it probably is someone she knows

Anonymous said...

Duh...it's your daughter's boyfriend. hee hee

Anonymous said...

Maybe whoever it was felt guilty...and stole the self help books to better him/herself??? Crazy!