Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I'm a fast talkin' hell raisin' son of a bitch

Immediately following my sister's graduation ceremony, my brother and I were talking about what a good job she did with her valedictorian speech. He couldn't remember what he said in his, and I couldn't remember what I said in mine, but we know that neither of them were as good as hers.

Thinking back on it though, I'm pretty sure mine went something like this:

Hey there buckaroo and buckaroo-ettes, as we sit here on this graduation day many of us have come to the realization that the days of roping miniature rocking-horse type bulls in the halls are over. It's time for the big rodeo of life. Many of us don't know what the future holds, but it's time to cowboy up, take that bitch by the horns and ride that sucker for all she's worth. We're talkin' the full 8 seconds baby. Now, go out there and git 'er done. Yeeeeee haaaaawwww!!!


At least that's what it looks like I'm saying in this picture*:


*I don't know who took this picture, I'm pretty sure it was my friend's mom, but I love how they didn't bother to try and move a few inches to the side in order to miss the back of someone's head.

6 comments:

AnoMALIE said...

Man, that girl back there has awesome hair! I'm glad I was a pig-tail-wearing kid back then though, I'd never be able to rock that Hair-do successfully.

Anonymous said...

hey how come you're not rockin' the red gown? Or was red for girl?

Native Minnow said...

Anomalie, that girl back there also happened to be my ex-wife's foster sister, but that hair do was very popular in Cow Country. Still is.

Ver girl, I'm glad you asked. I cannot stress enough how much I hated the high school from which I graduated. I moved there at the end of my Junior year, and swore that I would not wear those school colors for my graduation (my old school's colors were blue and white, the new one's were red and white - at my new school it had been tradition for the guys to wear red gowns and the girls to wear white). When our class met to discuss it, I suggested we try something different that year and have the guys wear black and the girls wear red. Luckily, the rest of the class (all twelve of them) liked the idea, so I got out of wearing red to my graduation.

PsychDoctor said...

REbel... :)

Native Minnow said...

Hey, you have to appreciate the small victories.

Anonymous said...

True...I think the fictional speeches are hilarious...