Wednesday, May 09, 2007

This long line of cars is trying to break free

A month or so ago a girl I know got two free tickets to see one of the shows on the Strip. She wasn't interested in using them so gave them to me. The last day to use the tickets was last week, so even though it was late on a weeknight, I went to it with another friend of mine.

The show was about what we expected it to be, not great, but entertaining. I certainly wouldn't have wanted to spend money on it though. It was about 11 o' clock when we got out, so as we were pulling out of the parking garage I asked my friend if he wanted to drive down the Strip. After all, where else do you get to see unsightly tourist attractions such as this:



Him: We might as well. It's late, and it's a Monday, so traffic shouldn't be too bad.

So we drove home on the Strip. During the drive we were stopped at a light when my friend made an announcement.

Him: Not it on the fat chicks walking over there.
Me: Damn you. That's not fair, I'm watching the light.
Him: Tell it to the fat chicks when you're taking them home.

I really need to sharpen my skills at that game. He gets me all the time.

We continued the drive, which turned out to have been a horrible idea. It seems that we weren't the only ones with the idea that traffic would be light, because it wasn't. Of course, that was partly due to the fact that a few miles down the road, the southbound side of the Strip had been reduced to one lane. By the time we realized this we were pretty much locked in and couldn't get off on any of the side streets. We spent quite some time inching forward. After a while my friend said "Hey look! There's those fat chicks you've got dibs on."

He was right. It was the same girls.

All I have to say is that you know you're driving slow when fat girls are able to outpace you on foot.

5 comments:

Native Minnow said...

Honestly, that's such a tacky sign.

Anonymous said...

There has got to be a sign tackier than that one...
I know there is.

Anonymous said...

guess I'm a big lame-o for liking the sign...

Don't know why. While I don't want to actually go to Vegas very often, I am kinda glad such a place exists, in all its tacky glory.

AnoMALIE said...

AHAHA. That post made me laugh.

Back in high school, during prom, that'd be one of the things to do: drive down in the limo to the sign, take dumb pictures with the group of around 12 kids, then go off to wherever Prom was being held at.
I don't know if they still do that... I'm too old to care, but there are plenty of us Vegas natives that have prom/homecoming pictures next to that thing.

PsychDoctor said...

Fat "women"...don't you know how to be politically correct???