Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Six out of ten, better luck next time

I just finished proctoring an exam. If you've never had the experience of proctoring an exam, let me just tell you that few things in this world are as boring as proctoring. Seriously. Sometimes I think that if I had to choose between proctoring or sliding matchsticks under my toenails I'd choose the matchsticks.

Anyway, the idea is to have as many people as possible walking around the room so that the students are well aware of the fact that they are being watched. That way they won't be as tempted to cheat. (Of course, those who are going to cheat probably do anyway, they just make sure they do it while none of the proctors are watching)

Luckily, there are plenty of attractive women on this campus, and I have to say, it's much easier to pass the time wandering around a silent room when there is plenty of eye candy. I probably spend about 1/4 of my time in there actually watching for cheaters, 1/4 staring off into space, 1/4 joking with other proctors, and 1/4 looking at cute girls.

Today while I was proctoring another guy caught me doing the latter. He walked up to me and whispered, "Lecher."

"Oh," I said, "is it that obvious?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After all, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Lecher.