Friday, June 01, 2007

It's coming down to nothing more than apathy

It's that time again. Time for me to share some of my favorite comments from students on my TA evaluations from last semester. (It was actually that time a couple weeks ago, since that's when I got the evals back, but I've been too lazy to put the post together until now.)

As always, misspellings, bad grammar, etc. come from the students, not from me. Without further ado:

Comments about the lab

What was your favorite lab exercise? Why?
- Cutting shit up! I love disection.
- The pig. You get to cut up a pig need I say more?

Which lab experience was most informative and educational for you?
-Pigs win again!

What was your least favorite lab exercise? Why?
- Anything on the computer SUX!
- Anything to do with plants. It was just an insufferable bore.
- Invertebrate anatomy - too many things to remember on a lame subject.

What was the major strength of the lab?
- Semilive/live specimens
- You learn cool stuff.
- Hard-on learning!!!
- <3 [Native Minnow] <3

Comments about the lab instructor

In general, how would you rate your lab instructor as a teacher?
- Woo! Very helpful and explained things mucho well.

How would you assess your lab instructor's ability in making things understandable, and their willingness to help?
- Check and check - maybe get an aka Keil Holliday =P

What were his/her strong points?
- Best TA Ever!

How could he/she improve?
- I don't think [Minnow] can improve - he is perfect.
- Don't do the SpongeBob laugh unless you mean it.
- Pierce other ear too.
- Bring in more candy.
- He could improve by working out more.
- Smile more =D, and bring coffee in the morning.
- Bring breakfast.
- A boombox in the lab with a CD to make a [lab] soundtrack.
- Be less douche-y. Just kidding, outstanding guy that [Minnow].

5 comments:

Lauren said...

That last comment...hey, I didn't fill one out! Next time you teach that lab, let me know when your evals are because I want to fill one out again. ;)

Anonymous said...

I agree with the earring comment.
AP

Hard-on learning sounds like fun!

AnoMALIE said...

The earring comment made me laugh... as did the SpongeBob one (you never did that in our class! I would have gotten over how annoying microscopes are if you wouldda done that for us).

steph said...

my favorites are be less douchey and work out more. this totally makes me want to fulfill my dream of teaching college...i've done elementary and middle school. i have a stereo in my classroom and we totally have some cds we always listen to, but i like the soundtrack idea!

Anonymous said...

"He could improve by working out more". That comment definitely came from a dude.